Thursday 2 June 2011

Quest grinding done, now for... more unholy grinding?

I've finally finished Mount Hyjal, quested all the way through it and gotten to Revered with the Guardians. This means I can buy the tasty Waywatcher's Boots and I've gotten a nice boost toward exalted. I even got the Cataclysm Lolmaster achievement. All quests done! So what now?

I am still doing the Ramkahen dailies and some Dragonmaw Clan dailies (when I can be bothered), and haz Ramkahen tabard for instances. No, what is now needed, is some serious dungeon grinding, for gears and JPs.

To that end, I am dumping my 2 handed Frost leveling spec. Sure, its awesome for soloing and going boom with some kick-ass AOE. But it relies too much on random procs, and I tend to spend all my time pressing the same 3 keys (Obliterate, Frost Strike, Howling Blast). I am switching to 2 handed Unholy DPS for some dungeon work.

The Elitist Jerks Unholy thread is very good, and has a nice spec posted. I am taking this one here, putting left over points into Desecration (for the slows needed in Grim Batol), more Magic Suppression (for the crazy amount of magical damage in the 5 mans) and finally I took Anti-Magic Zone, because it looks useful and damn I want to be like Koltira Deathweaver. Even though the effect looks a bit poor, and a point in Runic Power Mastery might have been better.

I've now finished grinding Dragonmaw, and got some tanking boots, although they are epic and the stats are probably better than my 333 boots, so I may use them in the DPS set as well. 

No comments: